It's all so very Freudian
|Feb. 11th, 2012 04:42 pm SHORT Chobits fanfic by me (after the rant)|
I just finished reading the manga Chobits from CLAMP Studios. It's legendary among fans of anime and manga. I understand why. The story is humorous, romantic, tender, surprising and well-told and while CLAMP's art is always beautiful, the main character Chi is absolutely charming, adorable and sexy. It even emphasizes a concept that is very important to me: the idea that no person can replace any other person--each one is unique and valuable. I loved this manga--right up to almost the very end. Then I HATED it. ( WARNING: SPOILERS behind the cut:Collapse )
Current Mood: optimisticLeave a comment
|Dec. 12th, 2008 12:35 pm|
Leave a comment
|Sep. 8th, 2008 03:22 pm Green Porno|
Posted for your edification, a link I found on the blog of a friend of a friend, to "eight one-minute films featuring the fabulous Isabella Rossellini dressed up as a bug and having sex with paper cut-out critters."
I love Isabella Rossellini, but this, this is, well, it's fuckin' wacky. Watch, but beware: what has been seen cannot be unseen.
I'm especially fascinated by the snail.
Current Mood: bemusedLeave a comment
|Aug. 5th, 2008 05:50 am "What have you done?" meme|
Another meme I got from tacit. I'm not posting this meme because I've done anything so interesting in my life, 'cuz I haven't. I'm posting it because I want to see all the interesting things you all have done! So please post this meme in your journal!
Bold all the ones you've done.... (I also italicized a few that I think I've done and am not sure, because my memory is like unto a sieve.)
01. Bought everyone in the pub a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said "I love you" and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Done a striptease
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long, and watch the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Touched an iceberg
20. Slept under the stars
21. Changed a baby's diaper
22. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
23. Watched a meteor shower
24. Gotten drunk on champagne
25. Given more than you can afford to charity
26. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
27. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
28. Had a food fight
29. Bet on a winning horse
30. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
31. Asked out a stranger
32. Had a snowball fight
33. Photocopied your bottom on the office photocopier
34. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
35. Held a lamb
36. Enacted a favorite fantasy
37. Taken a midnight skinny dip
38. Taken an ice cold bath
39. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar ...bought a piece of artwork from him, too.
40. Seen a total eclipse
41. Ridden a roller coaster
42. Hit a home run
43. Fit three weeks miraculously into three days
44. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
45. Adopted an accent for an entire day
46. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - does my dad's home town count?
47. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
48. Had two hard drives for your computer - does a backup drive count?
49. Visited all 50 states.
50. Loved your job for all accounts
51. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
52. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
53. Had amazing friends
54. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
55. Watched wild whales
56. Stolen a sign
57. Backpacked in Europe
58. Taken a road-trip
59. Rock climbing
60. Lied to foreign government's official in that country to avoid notice
61. Midnight walk on the beach - does playing in the surf and walking to get there count?
62. Sky diving
63. Visited Ireland
64. Been heartbroken longer then you were actually in love
65. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
66. Visited Japan
67. Bench pressed your own weight
68. Milked a cow
69. Alphabetized your records
70. Pretended to be a superhero
71. Sung karaoke
72. Lounged around in bed all day
73. Posed nude in front of strangers
74. Scuba diving
75. Got it on to "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye
76. Kissed in the rain
77. Played in the mud
78. Played in the rain
79. Gone to a drive-in theatre
80. Done something you should regret, but don't regret it
81. Visited the Great Wall of China
82. Discovered that someone who's not supposed to have known about your blog has discovered your blog
83. Dropped Windows in favour of something better
84. Started a business
85. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
86. Toured ancient sites
87. Taken a martial arts class - it was Aikido
88. Sword fought for the honour of a woman
89. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
90. Gotten married
91. Been in a movie
92. Crashed a party
93. Loved someone you shouldn't have
94. Kissed someone so passionately it made them dizzy
95. Gotten divorced
96. Had sex at the office
97. Gone without food for 5 days
98. Made cookies from scratch
99. Won first prize in a costume contest
100. Ridden a gondola in Venice
101. Gotten a tattoo
102. Found that the texture of some materials can turn you on
103. Rafted the Snake River
104. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
105. Got flowers for no reason
106. Masturbated in a public place
107. Got so drunk you don't remember anything
108. Been addicted to some form of illegal drug
109. Performed on stage
110. Been to Las Vegas
111. Recorded music
112. Eaten shark
113. Had a one-night stand
114. Gone to Thailand
115. Seen Siouxsie live
116. Bought a house
117. Been in a combat zone
118. Buried one/both of your parents
119. Shaved or waxed your pubic hair off
120. Been on a cruise ship
121. Spoken more than one language fluently
122. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
123. Bounced a check
124. Performed in Rocky Horror
125. Read - and understood - your credit report
126. Raised children
127. Recently bought and played with a favourite childhood toy
128. Followed your favourite band/singer on tour
129. Created and named your own constellation of stars
130. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
131. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
132. Called or written your Member of Congress
132a. Had them write back
133. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
134. ... more than once?
135. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
136. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
137. Had an abortion or your female partner did
138. Had plastic surgery
139. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
140. Wrote articles for a large publication
141. Lost over 100 pounds
142. Held someone while they were having a flashback
143. Piloted an airplane
144. Petted a stingray
145. Broken someone's heart
146. Helped an animal give birth
147. Been fired or laid off from a job
148. Won money on a TV game show
149. Broken a bone
150. Killed a human being
151. Gone on an African photo safari
152. Ridden a motorcycle
153. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100mph
154. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
155. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
156. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
157. Ridden a horse
158. Had major surgery
159. Had sex on a moving train
160. Had a snake as a pet
161. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
162. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
163. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
164. Visited more foreign countries than US states
165. Visited all 7 continents
166. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
167. Eaten kangaroo meat
168. Fallen in love at an ancient Mayan burial ground
169. Been a sperm or egg donor
170. Eaten sushi
171. Had your picture in the newspaper
172. Had 2 (or more) healthy romantic relationships for over a year in your lifetime
173. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
174. Gotten someone fired for their actions
175. Gone back to school
177. Changed your name
178. Petted a cockroach
179. Eaten fried green tomatoes
180. Read The Iliad
181. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read
182. Dined in a restaurant and stolen silverware, plates, cups because your apartment needed them
183. ... and gotten 86'ed from the restaurant because you did it so many times, they figured out it was you
184. Taught yourself art from scratch
185. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
186. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
187. Skipped all your school reunions
188. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
189. Been elected to public office
190. Written your own computer language
191. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
192. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
193. Built your own PC from parts
194. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
195. Had a booth at a street fair
196. Dyed your hair
197. Been a DJ
198. Found out someone was going to dump you via LiveJournal
199. Written your own role playing game
200. Been arrested
Current Location: the basementLeave a comment
Current Mood: sleepless
Current Music: the sound of a computer running its maintenance procedures
|Jan. 14th, 2008 09:49 pm I love this artist!|
Katsuya Terada. Some of his work is dark, some is disturbing. But he obviously appreciates pretty girls, and after looking at a lot of his work, I think it's also safe to say he LOVES nipples! But who doesn't.
Edit: Here's a link to a gallery of his work. I tried to find an official homepage, but no luck.
Current Mood: enthralled2 comments - Leave a comment
|Oct. 10th, 2007 09:02 pm I changed my username, yo|
Just a heads up. Old links to t1zpet should update automatically to mystictrout. The change is reflective of the drastic changes that have happened in my life this year.
Current Location: My apartment2 comments - Leave a comment
Current Mood: cheerful
Current Music: 32 Flavors, by Ani DiFranco
|Jun. 24th, 2007 11:51 pm Still on this haiku kick|
Humor me. I am still trying to produce good work. These are from the garden (a garden in my mind, anyway). Three poems about koi. Are any of them good?
In green depths
A shadow moving
In the pond
A wandering star
To wish on.
Grants her boon.
One more from the garden:
A path ends,
Oak leaf on a stone
A path begins.
And one more:
What veiled jewels
From the hidden heart
Shall love share?
I wonder, do any of you reading these write poetry? Please share with me, haiku or what have you, or I might keep posting haiku forever! Nobody wants that. ;)
Current Location: Mom's house in TX3 comments - Leave a comment
Current Mood: artistic
|Jun. 15th, 2007 10:47 pm Better Haiku|
I decided that I wanted to post some haiku that are really good. So these are, naturally, by other people:
in each other's arms
into separate dreams
- Andrew Detheridge
barely a movement
hardly a sound
a patient wolf awaits its prey
- Andrew Lowe
water in the trees—
clouds in my pockets
- Paul Williams
I notice that these don't follow the strict 5/7/5 form. The first follows a 5/3/5 form which I kind of like. I might try that. Or I might try the 3/5/3 form recommended for writing haiku in English (because Japanese words tend to be longer than English words). Hmmm.
For me, the form is what makes composing a haiku interesting, because in supplying a vessel in which to fit my creativity, it also gives me a challenge. I can write a free-verse poem when I need to express what is crying out to be expressed; but I write haiku for fun (sometimes) as well as self-expression.
Current Location: homeLeave a comment
Current Mood: thoughtful
Current Music: Coldplay: Warning Sign
|Jun. 14th, 2007 12:34 am More haiku|
Last Saturday I wrote 13 haiku. There's a problem, in that though many had a seasonal quality, it's the wrong season. But I thought out of that many, maybe I could share a few. Not necessarily the best:Restless leaves scatter
And I hope some good will come
In Spring, of their deaths.
Long beneath the ground
A seed pulses, breathing earth.
Will it bloom in Spring?
We are slaves to time
Like grass before the mower.
Who shall mourn our fall?
Death's carnival dance:
Mad colors shift, swirl and fly
Between earth and sky.
The closing of lips
And the closing of doors fortell
Winter in my soul.
Use them as you may,
No mendings are made in hearts
By the forms of words.
Sorry if they're kind of emo. I seem to have a hard time avoiding that lately.
So, in writing so many, I have an occasional rhyme crop up in my haiku. Sometimes I think I should remove it to maintain proper form. What do you think: should haiku have rhyme? Should haiku avoid rhyme?
Current Location: home2 comments - Leave a comment
Current Mood: artistic
|Jun. 5th, 2007 08:12 pm Chiho Aoshima|
I am stunned by the beauty and poignancy of this artist's work:
Current Mood: enthralledLeave a comment
|Apr. 21st, 2007 10:27 pm Feeling Loved|
Thanks. All of you. You know who you are.
Current Mood: lovedLeave a comment
|Dec. 20th, 2006 08:05 am How not to be a fantasy|
Submissives: do you ever wonder if you know how you really feel about something? You're not the only one.Leave a comment
|Sep. 22nd, 2006 09:17 am Quote|
I slept and dreamt that life was joy3 comments - Leave a comment
I awoke and saw that life was service
I acted and behold, service was joy
- Rabindranath Tagore
|Sep. 6th, 2006 10:38 am Another meme I got from devomatt|
Respond to this post and I will give you the three words that I think MOST accurately describe you that pop up at random when I think of you at the moment when I see your comment. 9 comments - Leave a comment
The cost? You have to return the favor by posting this in your own journal.
|Jun. 8th, 2006 12:03 pm Pagan Picnic is This Weekend!|
Hey everybody, just a reminder that St. Louis Pagan Picnic is this weekend. Thousands of Pagans of every stripe from all over the Midwest as well as poly- and Pagan-friendly people will attend, so come out to Tower Grove Park in St. Louis this Saturday and Sunday. You can enjoy public rituals & workshops, socialize, learn, shop and enjoy some great music and entertainments (including belly dancing, hubba-hubba!). Bring your kids for the petting zoo, pony rides & other kid-friendly activities; bring your dog too and watch the canine Frisbee Team! If you don't have a dog, you can always adopt one as several animal-rescue organizations will be present featuring Pet Adoptions and a Pet Supply Drive. Don't forget to bring a canned or non-perishable food item for collection by Operation Food Search. You'll also have the opportunity to give blood at the Red Cross blood mobile.Leave a comment
St. Louis Pagan Picnic
(x-posted to bipolypagangeek)
|Mar. 15th, 2006 11:28 pm OKCupid Test|
OK, I don't really need OKCupid, but I've heard a lot about it and I decided to play with it a little bit. So I took their test.
You are a fun flirt and an instant sweetheart, but our guess is you're becoming more selective about long-term love. It's getting tougher for you to become permanently attached; and a girl who's in a different place emotionally might misunderstand your early enthusiasm. You can wreck someone simply by enjoying her.
| || The Peach|
Random Gentle Love Master (RGLMf)
Playful, kind, and well-loved, you are The Peach.
For such a warm-hearted, generous person, you're surprisingly experienced in both love and sex. We credit your spontaneous side; you tend to live in the moment, and you don't get bogged down by inhibitions like most women your age. If you see something wonderful, you confidently embrace it.
<table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" border="0" bgshmolor="#bbbbbb" align="right">
| Your exact opposite:|
Deliberate Brutal Sex Dreamer
Your ideal mate is adventurous and giving, like you. But not overly intense.
DREAD: The Battleaxe
CONSIDER: The Peach, The Playstation, or The Window Shopper
Link: The 32-Type Dating Test by OkCupid - Free Online Dating.</td></tr></table>
Current Mood: contemplative3 comments - Leave a comment
Current Music: Every Ship Must Sail Away, by Blue Merle
|Feb. 21st, 2006 10:18 pm Five Variable Love Test or something like that|
Test gakked from spoon37
…just to have something on this page, really.
|Your Five Variable Love Profile|
Propensity for Monogamy:
Your propensity for monogamy is low.
You see love as a gift that you should give to many.
It's hard for you to imagine being with one person at at time...
Let alone only one person for the rest of your life!
Your experience level is high.
You've loved, lost, and loved again.
You have had a wide range of love experiences.
And when the real thing comes along, you know it!
Your dominance is low.
This doesn't mean you're a doormat, just balanced.
You know a relationship is not about getting your way.
And you love to give your sweetie a lot of freedom.
Your cynicism is low.
You are an eternal optimist when it comes to love and romance.
No matter how many times you've been hurt - you're never bitter.
You believe in true love, your perfect soulmate(s).
And if you haven't found true love yet, you know you will soon.
Your independence is medium.
In relationships, you need both "me time" and "we time."
You usually find it easy to be part of a couple.
But occasionally you start to feel a little smothered.
Current Mood: experimentalLeave a comment
Current Music: Get Together, by the Youngbloods
|Dec. 21st, 1997 10:58 pm The Tease|
This is something I wrote out of genuine-if-horny curiosity. For a long time I had it posted on an erotic fantasy web site that a friend ran. (Actually, she became my friend after she read the essay and asked to post it on her site.) So I have by now received lots of responses to the questions I posed in the essay, some of which were hot, some were disturbing, but all were informative. I feel I have a pretty good grasp of the subject now. But if anyone has anything to say in response, I'd still be very interested to hear your responses.1 comment - Leave a comment
( Here it is…The Tease, circa 1997Collapse )